- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years of successful classroom teaching and/or instructional coaching
- Valid Louisiana state teaching certification
- Willingness to participate in year-long Model Teacher development program
- Demonstrated prior success in improving student achievement
- Ability to conduct presentations and job-embedded professional development
- Expertise in research-based best practices and grade level-specific curriculum, especially in math and literacy
- Experience in training other school professionals to improve achievement
- Deep knowledge of Common Core-aligned instructional strategies
- Excellent data analysis and data driven problem-solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Reports to: School Principal
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Model Teachers spend between 25%-20% (1 class per day) of their time leading a model classroom. We are looking for certified educators who:
- Maintain open door policy in classroom in order to model best practices.
- Believe that all students can learn and take responsibility for student growth.
- Are passionate about working in historically underserved communities.
- Have mastered general and content area pedagogy.
- Continuously grow and develop their skills.
Model Teachers spend between 75%-80% of time coaching others in improving their teaching practice. We are looking for experienced coaches who:
- Coach a cohort of teachers towards improved student outcomes. Coaching will consist of:
- Ensuring quality lesson plans through pre-planning meetings and lesson plan feedback
- Co-analyzing student work, determining appropriate interventions and tracking progress
- Modeling of instructional and classroom management best practices
- Observing classrooms weekly and providing written feedback
- In consultation with administration, plan and deliver multiple sessions of whole-school PD on instructional and classroom management best practices.
- Oversee development/choice of assessments and aligned curricula, in consultation with content experts.
- Participate in weekly meetings with administration in the creation of school-wide systems, initiatives, and procedures.
Terms of Employment: 9 1/2 Months
Evaluation: Criteria as established by Natchitoches Parish School Board Policy