- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 1 year of successful classroom teaching
- Valid Louisiana state teaching certification
- Willingness to participate in year-long Teacher Leader development program
- Demonstrated prior success in improving student achievement
- Knowledge in research-based best practices and grade level-specific curriculum
- Knowledge of Common Core-aligned instructional strategies
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Reports to: School Principal
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for certified educators who:
- Maintain open door policy in classroom in order to model best practices.
- Believe that all students can learn and take responsibility for student growth.
- Are passionate about working in historically underserved communities.
- Have strong general and content area pedagogy.
- Continuously grow and develop their skills.
Teacher Leader Program Requirements
- Participating in year-long (August 2017 – May 2018) training program that will take place during bi-weekly off-site coursework sessions on Tuesday afternoons from 4 PM – 6 PM to learn best practices for their classrooms.
- Participants commit to implementing and modeling best practices taught in evening PD sessions, as well as producing model instructional materials that may be used in school, department, grade-level, and/or district professional development.
- Participants film classes on a bi-weekly basis to be used for program reflection and training purposes and, with their permission, for school-based or district professional development.
- Participants’ classrooms have open-door policies for inter and intra-school visitations.
- Participants receive a stipend of up to $1,500 per year for their successful completion of the development program.
Terms of Employment: 9 1/2 Months
Evaluation: Criteria as established by Natchitoches Parish School Board Policy